WHAT WE COLLECT
We may obtain information about you in a range of ways. Obviously, we collect information that you provide directly to us.
Information We Get From Others. We may obtain information about you from other sources. We may add this to information we receive directly from you.
Information Automatically Collected. We automatically log information about you and your computer. For example, when visiting our Site, we log your computer operating system type, browser type, browser language, the website you visited before browsing to our Site, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times and information about your use of and actions on our Site.
Cookies. We may log information using “cookies.” Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive by a website. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Site. This type of information is collected to make the Site more useful to you and to tailor the experience with us to meet your special interests and needs.
All of this information may be collected and compiled so that we can gain a better understanding of who the users of our website are, and how they use it.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your personal information as follows:
- We use your personal information to operate, maintain, and improve our sites, products, and services.
- We use your personal information to process and deliver contest entries and rewards.
- We use your personal information to respond to comments and questions and provide customer service.
- We use your personal information to send information including confirmations, invoices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- We use your personal information to communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners.
- We use your personal information to link or combine user information with other personal information.
- We use your personal information to protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
- We use your personal information to provide and deliver products and services clients request.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share personal information as follows:
- We may share personal information with your consent. For example, you may let us share personal information with
others for their own marketing uses. Those uses will be subject to their privacy policies.
- We may share personal information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- We may share personal information for legal, protection, and safety purposes.
- We may share information to comply with laws.
- We may share information to respond to lawful requests and legal processes.
- We may share information in situations where doing so is reasonably related to avoiding, minimizing, or mitigating, an emergency situation.
- We may share information with those who need it to do work for us.
- We will never sell your information.
- We may also share aggregated or anonymized data with others for their own uses.
PROTECTION OF INFORMATION
We implement a variety of security procedures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you provide it to us.
Payments. Berger Law does not store credit card information; it uses LawPay to process payments. LawPay uses cryptography and encryption to protect sensitive information inside their payment system, in order to maintain Level 1 PCI Compliance. A security overview of LawPay can be found here.
INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
Our marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out.” If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you.
You may send requests about personal information to our Contact Information below. You can request to change contact choices, opt-out of our sharing with others, and update your personal information.
You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Site with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove and reject our cookies, it could affect how our Site works for you.
Changes for Typographical or Clarity Purposes
We reserve the right to make changes to this Policy in order to correct typographical errors (“typos”) or to provide clearer language, without providing notice to you.
Elective changes. If we choose to modify this Policy in a way that substantially alters your rights under this Policy, we will provide fifteen (15) days of general notice on our website before the changes go into effect.
Changes for statutory, regulatory, or legal purposes. If a change to these policies is required for compliance purposes and it substantially alters your rights under this Policy, we will attempt to provide as much of the fifteen (15) days general notice to you as we would if the change was elective, but we reserve the right to make that change immediately.
Last Updated: April 23, 2020